The Faculty-Staff Clinic at UMC provides UA employees with quick and convenient non-emergency medical care. The clinic is devoted exclusively to the care of University employees and their families covered under the University’s BlueCross Blue Shield of Alabama health insurance plan.
The clinic is staffed by masters’ prepared nurse practitioners who are available for walk-in care to assess and treat minor medical urgencies and acute illnesses, administer vaccinations and perform physicals, or follow up with chronic conditions or women’s routine health services. Physician oversight and consultation is readily available when needed. As with all UMC, x-ray and laboratory testing are available onsite.
Angela Hammond and Beth Fuller, CRNP, are the full-time nurse practitioners at the Faculty-Staff Clinic.
You can also make the clinic your primary care medical home by choosing a faculty family physician to serve as your personal physician.
The Faculty-Staff Clinic is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (including the lunch hour). Appointments are needed for a physician-only visit.
Why use Faculty-Staff Clinic?
- Immediate advice or prescriptions for urgent complaints/symptoms
- Close proximity to work: we are on campus in the UMC building (850 5th Avenue East)
- Front door parking
- Convenience: little or no waiting because care is limited to UA employees and dependents
- High quality medical care from experienced board certified nurse practitioners with physicians, laboratory and radiology services in-house
- Copay is $20, which is 20 percent lower than what you would pay for office visits to other doctors in town
- Clinic is open Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
(we are open during the lunch hour)
- The copay is not increased if you see one of our doctors as well as the nurse practitioner during the same visit
- You have a private waiting area with Wi-Fi
- You have virtually no paperwork once you initially register (Bamaflex accounts will reimburse)