The University Medical Center provides a walk-in clinic for faculty, staff and their families who are covered under The University of Alabama medical insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield). The co-payment is reduced to $20.00 and is required at the time of service. You can contact the Faculty-Staff Clinic at (205) 348-4696.
Angela Hammond and Beth Fuller, CRNP, are the full-time nurse practitioners at the Faculty-Staff Clinic.
Why use Faculty-Staff Clinic?
- Immediate advice or prescriptions for urgent complaints/symptoms
- The location-on campus in the UMC building-850 5th Avenue East
- Convenience-little or no waiting because care is limited to UA employees and dependents
- High quality medical care from experienced BoardCertified Nurse Practitioners with Physicians, laboratory and radiology services in-house
- Copay is $20, which is 20% lower than what you would pay for office visits to other doctors in town
- Clinic is open Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
(we are open during the lunch hour)
- The copay is not increased if you see one of our doctors as well as the nurse practitioner during the same visit
- You have a private waiting area with internet access
- You have virtually no paperwork once you initially register (Bamaflex accounts will reimburse)