Family Medicine Clinic
The Family Medicine Clinic at University Medical Center is committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate care to each member of your family. We have nine board certified family physicians and one nurse practitioner who see patients from newborns to seniors. We are also a training facility for 36 Family Medicine residents who have graduated from medical school (MDs) and are receiving extra training in Family Medicine before going into private practice.
Our clinic offers on-site lab and x-ray services, and we see patients Monday through Friday 8:30-12pm and 1:30-5pm. We offer extended hours to our established patients for sick visits during the winter months.
Are you up to date?
We provide medical nutrition therapy diet counseling in sports nutrition, eating disorders, diabetes, hypertension, cardio vascular disease and other chronic diseases. We serve the pediatric through geriatric population. We can also offer community presentations upon request. To contact our office call (205)-348-2880.
We have two board certified geriatricians who are able to do home visits in several nursing homes and assisted living facilities in the area for continuity of care for our aging patients.
Websites for caregivers
- The AGS foundation for Health in Aging
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alzheimer’s Association
- National Parkinson’s Association
- Carl Broyles’ Alzheimer’s Caregivers – a practical tips guide
- Clothing Solutions
- The Write Stuff – Home Health Care Products
- First Street – for Boomers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Flu.gov – Know what to do about the flu
- American Cancer Society