Thanksgiving 2021 Holiday
All University Medical Center locations will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25, and Friday, Nov. 26, in observance of the Thanksgiving holidays. All UMC locations will re-open on Monday, Nov. 29.
University Medical Center in Tuscaloosa is offering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines to UMC patients ages 5-11 on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only. Call (205) 348-1471 to schedule an appointment, and leave your name, date of birth and a way for UMC to contact you.
For more information visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Page.
UMC is committed to protecting you, our employees and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
UMC is seeing new and existing patients
in person and through telemedicine.
UMC Visit Procedures
- UMC requires everyone to wear face masks to enter all of our locations. Children younger than 2 years, and patients with severe respiratory issues, will not be required to wear a mask. UMC cannot provide masks; all of our masks are being used by our health care professionals
- Call before coming in; a telemedicine visit might be available.
- Check-in will happen at the front entrance; patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Patients will wait in their vehicles and will be phoned to come into the clinic.
- Patients with respiratory symptoms will wait in their vehicles and be phoned by our Respiratory Triage Clinic.
- Minors can have one parent or guardian with them during their visit. Adult patients can’t have anyone with them (exceptions will be made for people needing assistance). All people entering the clinic will be screened for respiratory symptoms.
- UMC Tuscaloosa patients with respiratory symptoms will be screened with a telemedicine visit.
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands often
- Maintain social distance
- Avoid travel if possible
- Stay home if sick