Caring for West Alabama
We are pleased to announce that University Medical Center has launched its new Patient Portal. Watch your email inbox for a link to enroll. More information can be found here
COVID-19 Second Boosters
University Medical Center
in Tuscaloosa offers COVID-19 Pfizer and Moderna second booster shots for patients ages 50 and older who received a first booster four months ago, and certain immunocompromised individuals. Call 205-348-1471
to make an appointment. Leave your name, date of birth, and a way for UMC to contact you.
University Medical Center locations in Carrollton and Fayette are open and accepting new patients. Call to make an appointment.
UMC-Carrollton: (205) 463-1360
UMC-Fayette: (205) 348-6767
UMC Visit Procedures
- UMC requires everyone to wear face masks to enter all of our locations. Children younger than 2 years, and patients with severe respiratory issues, will not be required to wear a mask. UMC cannot provide masks as all of our masks are being used by our health care professionals.
- In addition to in-person patient appointments, telemedicine visits are also available.
- Check-in will happen at the front entrance, where patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Minors can have one parent or guardian with them during their visit. Adult patients can’t have anyone with them (exceptions will be made for people needing assistance). All people entering the clinic will be screened.
- UMC Tuscaloosa patients with respiratory symptoms will be screened with a telemedicine visit.
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands often
- Maintain social distance
- Avoid travel if possible
- Stay home if sick
In the aftermath of the tragic school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, Dr. Robert McKinney, director of University Medical Center’s Office of Case Management and Social Services, talks about ways for parents, children and families to cope with these kinds of national tragedies.