COVID-19 Updated Boosters
University Medical Center in Tuscaloosa is offering Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 bivalent boosters with protection against Omicron variants. Call (205) 348-1471
to schedule an appointment and leave your name, date
of birth and a way for UMC to contact you.
Pfizer’s bivalent booster is authorized for patients 12 years of age and older,
while Moderna’s authorization is for patients ages 18 and older.
Patients eligible to receive the bivalent boosters must:
- Be 12 years of age and older.
- Have completed the primary COVID-19 vaccine series at least two months ago.
- Wait at least two months after receiving the original (monovalent) COVD-19 booster series. [Note: you can receive the COVID-19 bivalent booster even if you haven’t received the original (monovalent) booster series.]
- Have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the past three months.
- Patients ages 5 to 11 who received the Pfizer COVID-19 primary vaccine series are recommended to get the Pfizer original (monovalent) booster.