University Medical Center – Alabama
University Medical Center offers comprehensive primary health care for individuals and families in Tuscaloosa and throughout West Alabama. Our skilled and dedicated physicians and other health professionals provide patient-centered and compassionate care, whether you need treatment for an acute illness, or care for a chronic condition. As an education and training site for medical students and resident physicians, we ensure that the best practices in medical care are passed onto the next generation of doctors and health professionals. Our University Medical Center health care providers and clinics are equipped with the necessary expertise and technology to treat a wide variety of illnesses and conditions, from the physical to the emotional, and we conveniently provide on-site laboratory and x-ray services and nutrition counseling. Make an appointment at a University Medical Center location today for you or a loved one.
Our specialty clinics include:
- The Family Medicine Clinic, where all members of the family, from newborns to seniors, receive quality care for the full spectrum of needs – from preventive care and wellness exams to the management of chronic conditions and treatment for acute illnesses and accidents. This clinic also features a teaching program for resident physicians.
- The Internal Medicine Clinic, which specializes in the treatment, management and prevention of illnesses and conditions for adults, including high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease.
- The Pediatrics Clinic, for both well- and sick-child care for children up to age 16.
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic, which provides women’s health services, as well as prenatal and other maternal health services.
- The Betty Shirly Clinic, which specializes in meeting the mental health care needs of patients through psychiatry and behavioral medicine services.
- The deShazo Sports Medicine Center, which provides care for athletes and active individuals.
In addition, University Medical Center offers:
- Diabetes education
- X-Ray and laboratory services
- Nutrition therapy
- Social work
Call today for an appointment.
An award-winning weekly television series broadcast on WVUA-23
that features University Medical Center physicians and providers who raise awareness of important health issues and bring relevant and timely health information to the public.