COVID-19 Vaccination for UMC Patients
University Medical Center Tuscaloosa has the COVID-19 vaccine available for UMC patients age 12 and older. If you would like to receive the vaccine, call (205) 348-1471 to schedule an appointment, and leave your name, date of birth and a way for UMC to contact you.
18 and Older
The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30pm to 6:15pm.
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will be provided Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 11:00am.
Please come to your vaccination appointment with a form of photo identification and a health insurance card.
You cannot receive the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine if you have:
- Tested COVID positive in the last 14 days.
- Received or plan any other vaccination (including flu, shingles) in the period of two weeks before the first COVID vaccine dose through two weeks after the second dose.
Follow these tips for your vaccine appointment:
- When arriving at UMC in Tuscaloosa, check in under the portico.
- Face masks are required to enter the building and must be worn at all times inside UMC.
- Remain socially distanced.
- For safety and space capacity reasons, do not bring anyone with you unless you require assistance.
- Wear clothing to allow access to your left shoulder and upper arm.
- Don’t eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before your appointment because we have to take your temperature as part of screening.
- You will be required to sign the informed consent form. You may review it beforehand.
- Plan to remain at the vaccination site for 15-30 minutes to be monitored for any reaction.
- Be prepared to schedule an appointment for the second injection 28 days from the initial injection. We will assist you with this.
- If you are sick during the time of your scheduled appointment, please call UMC at (205) 348-1471 and reschedule.